Wednesday 2 May 2012

That moment of desire


Need and desire are spoken out loud as two different concepts but within our heads are the same. Do we need desire or desire need?

Physical needs and physical desire based upon biochemistry and firing neurons. Do I need to eat or do I just desire to do so? If there is only need why don’t we just eat tasteless nutrient paste? Why are we obsessed with recipes and dinner parties? Are we perhaps more than just a simulation filling up its need metres? One part need to one part desire. 

If life is just need then wouldn’t we just sit around doing only what we needed to? We would not achieve greater things. We need to desire and we desire to need.

In other words I don’t just play games because I desire to. I need to play my games or I will go insane – I just happen to like them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment